Temporary Whole School Webmaster
The International School of The Hague is a highly successful, innovative and energetic semi-public school located in a state-of-the-art building in an area of natural beauty on the edge of the city of The Hague, near Kijkduin.
The entire school currently has 1900 students and hosts over 85 nationalities with teachers from around the world. The school is divided into Primary and Secondary with a Principal for each section. The Principals and Vice-Principals, supported by the Business manager, comprise the Senior Leadership of the School.
Currently we have a vacancy at Secondary School:
Temporary Whole School Webmaster
Start date: 1st December or soon thereafter
ISH is seeking to employ a suitably qualified person to be in charge of the school’s website. The position is an exciting opportunity to work with many stakeholders in the community to improve the communication channel of the school through the website. This person would report to the Senior Leadership Team.
Please note that this positon is an initial temporary position and will run until July 12th 2018 in the first instance.
Overview of the role:
The candidate and must possess excellent management skills, user experience (UX), comprehensive knowledge of the web sphere combined with communications experience.
The key areas of the role are:
• Debug issues that arise with the performance of the website.
• Interface for performance issues of the website.
• Assist the Communications Team with the creative design of the ISH website (Finalsite)
• Seek to learn new and innovative ways to use the website as a communication tool for all stakeholders
• The willingness to work afternoon / early evening sessions in the first instance desirable
• Maintain integrity on mobile devices with responsive design
• Monitor website analytics to optimize user experience, assessing the functionality and effectiveness of online content
• Stay abreast of the latest technologies, ensuring ISH web based products are in line with the latest technologies
The key capabilities of the role are:
• Excellent command of English required as well as working Dutch preferred.
• Knowledge of User Experience Research and Design preferred.
• Knowledge of CMS management a must - Knowledge of Finalsite preferred.
• Proven track record in designing complex Web Sites and Web Applications which enhance user experience
• Expertise in SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), preferably using Google Webmaster tools.
• Expertise in Web Analytics for monitoring Web traffic and optimising Conversions, preferably using Google Analytics
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Evidence of keeping up-to-date in their field of expertise and openness to continuous professional development.
• 40 hours per week (excluding lunch breaks)
• Working hours 08:00 hrs – 16:30 hrs
• Holidays may not be taken during the school term time
A temporary appointment until July 12th 2018, The position is based on the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement (CAO) for Secondary Education. Scaling: OOP staff. The exact scale and step depends on the relevant background and experience. (CAO VO)
• Please send your letter of application (in English), a recent photograph and your full CV to the PA of the Principal, Belinda Verhagen at email@example.com
• Deadline for Applications: 22nd November 2017. Short listed candidates will be interviewed as soon as possible, commencing week of 20th November 2017. Please note that early applications may be invited to interview early due to qualifications and experience prior to the deadline.
• If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Heather Bell, Whole School Communication Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or 070-3251450, before or on 22nd November 2017.
• If you have not heard from us by 23rd of November, then please assume that, on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful.
Please visit our school website for more specific information about our school: www.ishthehague.nl
The Rijnlands Lyceum Recruitment Code is applicable and can be obtained via the above email address or our website/job-vacancies. Agency calls regarding to this advertisement are not appreciated.