Together with the study hall officer and other stakeholders you will be expected to create an clearer profile and vision for the future contents of library. This involves identifying the demand for what the library can offer in the future for students and staff, and how the demand can be met.
Librarian Secondary school
(1,0 FTE / 40 hours)
• Responsible for annual library budget in alliance with Subject area leaders
• Implementation and management of online resources
• Data management using library software
• Share information, reading skills and knowledge to ensure the work of the Library runs smoothly alongside the other activities of the school
• Create and expand the library collection
• Supervise students visiting the library
• Work alongside the study hall officer to provide study facilities for students
• Play an active part in further developing of the library
• Library qualification (LIS)
• Fluent spoken and written English (other European languages are an advantage)
• Excellent IT skills and organizational skills
• Flexible and hands-on mentality
• Experience in working with different stakeholders
• Experience in the education sector is a bonus
• An appointment based on the Dutch collective labour agreement (CAO) for Secondary education
• Salary scale 7; the step in this scale depends on age and relevant experience
• Ongoing Professional Development
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their application letter and CV to the attention of Mr F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School The Hague before the 10th of December.
Please send the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate: Librarian Secondary School
Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.eshthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl
The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.
Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses. Information about expense claims will be provided upon invitation.
Detailed information about our recruitment procedure can be found on the vacancies page on our website. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the information before applying.